Monday, July 28, 2008

The empty nest

July is all but over.... how is that possible?? It has been quite a summer. Jaymie graduated and then two weeks ago moved to Santa Barbara to go to college. Corey is leaving soon for college in Bakersfield. Chuck and I are almost empty nesters... wow that happened fast! Last Sunday Jaymie met us at church in Carpinteria and near the end of service we were all singing praise songs and Jaymie taps my arm and points to a little boy being held by his mom... that was sweet enough, but both the mom and the little one (maybe 18 mo. - 2yrs) each had their own arm raised in praise and singing their hearts out (it was so perfect) I had a quick flash back nearly 20 years ago when Corey was about the same age... it tugs at my heart, all of the what ifs and what will be s ... Ahhh life :) Well, now that I'm nearly 45 and nearly back to being a couple again with no kids at home, I thought I'd engage in some new adventures - so I've taken up kayaking (okay, not quite ready for the Olympics, maybe 2012) golf (really need to buy Soule Park and the OV Inn some new sod... seems I may have dislodged a few pieces recently) and I'm thinking of taking up skeet shooting (Chuck is not so sure about the last one, but I can be pretty persuasive :) Well that is it for now, hope your summers are going well :)