Sunday, August 3, 2008

My first born turns 21

So as I was lovingly retelling Corey about his entry into the world just over two decades ago....not neglecting the retelling of my post c-section recovery from delivering my first born 3 weeks early due to pre-elcampsia (way too high blood pressure) immediately followed by way too low blood pressure (so much so, that I was not given pain killer for at least an hour after the delivery -a.k.a. major surgery) I paused to ask what time he wanted me to meet him and his friends at Dargun's in Ventura for his milestone birthday celebration.... my son looked at me oddly (that's way to kind actually) and frankly without much hesitation said..."ah, hum... you're not actually invited"... I guess it was too much to expect...after all it was just excruciating pain... baby weight that I still somehow have managed not to lose and oh yes... there have been a few sleepless nights since then, but who's counting...(1, 12, 780....) he did consent to me taking him to the Ojai Valley Inn for lunch... and since he is back home living with us for a couple more weeks.... there will be the happy birthday morning wake-up song and personal sized birthday cake for breakfast complete with the photo op moment.... have to get back at him somehow :)