Friday, May 16, 2008

I thank God every time I remember you. Phil. 1:3

Wrote this some time ago... seemed fitting to post it today.
I've grown to understand that much sadness is at the hands of unmet expectations. Much joy is found in the smile of a child, the emerging understanding of youth and the sparkle in the eye of a seasoned loved one. I know that pain, though temporary, has a lasting imprint, and though struggles encompass our beings God is always bigger, stronger and consistently able. I've seen what money can buy and how it changes our perspective, and that it is not always bad, but doesn't always make things better. I've felt anxiety and peace, sorrow and satisfaction, I've known sickness and health, I've watched death and given new life. I've experienced the sting and betrayal of disloyal friends. I've received forgiveness and felt the blessing of extending it.

I've wanted more than I ever needed, had more than I deserve, lost more than I can sometimes comprehend. I've made choices based on selfish pride and selfless pursuit, in the latter I've known the hand of God. Because of knowing you - my friends -I've marvelled at how uniquely different and remarkably the same He made His most precious creations. In the image of God I see who you are, and have witnessed your beauty, experienced your mercy and been comforted by your prayers. I remain in awe of your friendship and of the sovereignty of the one who blessed me with you.