Wednesday, April 9, 2008

For your consideration...

Exodus 20:3 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me." (NIV)

Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. (NIV)

Hi there,
A friend emailed me this link and I just wanted to pass it on for information purposes on something that is impacting millions of lives. I've had many friends ask me my thoughts on Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth". I've seen people reading it in airports & airplaines, diners, the park etc.... It is prominately displayed at Barnes and Noble etc...


To be honest I have not read it, only out takes from it and some info sent to me regarding it, so, some may question me even commenting on it. But I don't think you have to read a false doctrine in its entirity to know something is way off base. Jesus [the Good Shepherd] said, "My sheep know my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).


I hope you take a moment to click on the link. It is a youtube clip regarding Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth". It is not my intention to condemn you if you have read or are reading the book, but rather to add another possible consideration regarding the cultural phenomena. Grace, peace and hope - ever more, Kari



Some verses to consider:
1Timothy 6:20-21, 2Timothy 2: 23-26,


2Timothy 4:3 -4 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. xo Press on :)