Saturday, June 9, 2007

over thinking..again...

Sometimes I over think things... there I admit it! :) But I was just pondering something...do you always know when you are being deceived by others...or even more intimately, by yourself? Somethings are obvious like a small child purposely misstating facts (ok... lying) that one is usually an easy one to discern. How about when a trusted friend or coworker (key word here "trusted") misrepresents the facts (call it what you like) that one may take more advanced skills to discern. But how about when I've persuaded myself that my thoughts, deeds or actions are in keeping with my core beliefs but I'm unsettled by the response of another... and upon further reflection can't find clear disagreement or directive to condemn or support my stance... Is the discomfort an indicator to reconsider or merely an acknowledgement that sometimes it is impossible to please everyone??? Am I simply deceiving myself... or is another just wanting me to believe that so they'll remain impact free??? (any connection to actual events is merely coincidence... I'm just pondering again...)