Sunday, May 11, 2008

All for a good cause :)








The annual Ojai Community Hospital Guild fundraiser was this past Saturday evening... My sister's in crime (all stylishly clad in the finest western bar floozy outfits bar none!) Extorted and swindled and bamboozled all evening (all for a good cause :) Top honors had to go to Kathleen... (if you are ever doing a fundraiser you've got to have her on your side... she is amazing!) I almost fell over when an nice gentleman come up to the two of us to get his complimentary drink and without missing a beat she said, that will be $5. He kind of paused for a moment... probably trying to recall the definition of "complimentary" and then handed over the cash.


That just started the ball rolling... not too many minutes later (after she had easily persuaded a number of "complimentary drink seekers to hand over $'s) She got $2 out of a wonderful man who seriously needed to use the "facilities" She told him she needed $2 before he would be able to..."go" He was a great sport and after a few attempts to forgo the usage fee, he rounded up the $$ and was permitted entry. Good times! My husband and the good Doctor H were sheriffs and had the honor of throwing people in jail (for a fee) and then after doing their time, they could be released (for a fee :) Kathleen and I had a great deal of fun stirring up trouble and filling out arrest warrants. Roslynd, Char, Kathleen and I (also the other Kari - not pictured) had plenty of laughs throughout. I won a few items (of as my husband likes to remind me... out paid) at the auction table, that was beautifully organized by Debbie. Thanks for inviting me to be part of the fun... I look forward to doing it all over again next year (need to where that outfit once a year - but no more than once a year :)